This can be very frustrating. I don’t mind the tab appearing once, but if it appears every time you start Internet Explorer it gets really annoying really quick. One way to fix it is to uninstall and re-install IE9. However, there is a much easier solution.
Method 1: Import REG file
Download the following registry file to your computer and double-click it. When asked if you want to import the changes into the registry, click “yes”
Method 2: Edit the registry manually
- Click Start -> Run
- Type regedit and click OK
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
- Right-click on IETourNoShow and select Modify
- Change the value to 1 and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor
If the IETourNoShow value does not exist, create a new DWORD value and name it IETourNoShow
Note that this only applies to the current user. You will have to apply this fix again for each user.